In an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19, Calcasieu Parish Police Jury offices are open during normal business hours but with limited employees and services.
Police Jury officials ask residents to utilize the parish’s online services as much as possible.
Here is an update on departments and available services:
- American Job Center: Allen and Vernon offices are closed.
- Limited services call 337-721-4010 to check availability.
- April 8 Job Fair in DeRidder has been cancelled.
- Department of Animal Services and Adoption Center:
- Lobby has restricted and limited access.
- Officers will respond to emergency and high-priority calls.
- Visit petharbor.com. for a lost pet, or call the shelter at 337- 721-3730 [google.com] to make an appointment.
- Burton Complex facility and the Calcasieu Emergency Response Training Center are closed until further notice.
- Mosquito Control, Human Services, Public Transit and the Office of Juvenile Justice Services, including the MARC Center, are open.
- All parks, boat launches, RV and tent camping facilities are open.
- Division of Planning and Development office is open:
- Call 337-721-3600; email email@example.com; or for permits, visit calcasieuparish.gov/permits
- Public Works
- Solid Waste Convenience Centers and Water/Sewer departments are open.
- Residents can call Public Works: Lake Charles 337-721-3760 or Sulphur 337-721-3750.
Calcasieu Parish Police Jury meetings have been canceled until further notice.
Waste Management residential garbage services are running according to schedule. Visit wm.com/alerts for up-to-date service information.
Residents are encouraged to visit the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury’s website, www.calcasieuparish.gov [calcasieuparish.gov], to stay up-to-date on all parish news and closures. Residents are also encouraged to like the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury’s Facebook and Twitter (@cppj) pages.
Other ways to receive Calcasieu Parish Police Jury news:
- Calcashout: Sign up to get the latest emergency information on your phone, tablet, or computer at www.calcashout.com [calcashout.com].
- C-GOV, YouTube: Watch Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness briefings and news conferences live on the C-GOV Channel (Suddenlink Channel 5, Vyve Channel 61 and Cameron Communications Channel 99). YouTube: OHSEP briefings and news conferences can also be watched live on the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury’s YouTube Page.
- E-news: Receive important parish news via email at https://www.calcasieuparish.gov/residents/enews-sign-up [calcasieuparish.gov].