Thirteen parishes will head to the polls on Saturday, February 23 to cast their vote in seven state representative races.
Voting for the special primary election begins at 7:00 am on Saturday and will close at 8:00 pm.
Residents in Vermilion and Calcasieu Parish will vote on a new representative for the 47th District. The race is between Republican candidates Ryan Bourriaque and Ruben “Ben” Rivera Jr. The district seat was vacated by Bob Hensgens after he won the District 26 Senate seat in November.
KATC spoke with Bourriaque and Rivera Jr. about the race.
In preparation for Saturday’s Election Day activities, Secretary Ardoin is encouraging voters to remember:
- Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.GeauxVote.com.
- Voters can also sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
- Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport or a digital license via LA Wallet). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit, but will be allowed to vote.
- Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or the secretary of state’s website at www.sos.la.gov.
Other parishes voting in Saturday’s election include Cameron, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Lincoln Ouachita, Pointe Coupee, Rapides, Union, West Baton Rouge, West Feliciana.