The United Way of Acadiana is asking for volunteers for their annual Day of Action.
The organization says that each year in June, hundreds of people around Acadiana come together to harness the volunteer spirit and improve the conditions in which they live.
United Way of Acadiana is inviting the community to take action on Saturday, June 27, from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, in partnership with Parish Proud, Bayou Vermilion District, LCG’s Embrace a Space, and Keep Lafayette Beautiful. Volunteers from the community will form teams will help create a cleaner Acadiana through litter abatement and beautification projects.
The volunteers will aim to make meaningful changes for individuals, businesses, and the community at large through hands-on projects.
“There are opportunities for everyone to get involved, either at one of our sites or at their own homes or workplaces,” explained Ji’Carla Martinez, UWA’s Volunteer Mobilization and Special Projects Manager. “If you are comfortable working at a particular site alongside of other volunteers, there are plenty of opportunities. But if you would rather spend Saturday morning cleaning up your neighborhood or workplace, you can also easily plug in to the project.”
How to Participate in the 2020 Day of Action:
- Decide if you’d like to participate at one of our sites, or on your own.
- Either way, register to volunteer at www.unitedwayofacadiana.org/dayofaction
- Pick up your t shirt, vest, and litter grabber at UWA’s Warehouse at 215 E. Pinhook Drive starting Wednesday, June 24.
- If you are volunteering to participate at one of our sites, you will receive your location assignment and other information on Friday, June 26.
- If you are volunteering to participate on your own, please take pics on the morning of June 27th and post on social media with the tags #dayofaction2020 #pickuplft.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers