A police pursuit on Monday in Morgan City ended after police say the suspect crashed his vehicle into a ditch on Hwy 182 in Berwick.
Morgan City Police say 33-year-old Brandon Poole was driving on Veterans Boulevard when an officer spotted him and attempted a traffic stop.
The officer allegedly knew of several warrants on Poole and learned during a check that other warrants were still out for his arrest.
The officer attempted to make contact with Poole on Bowman Street when Poole allegedly sped off forcing officers to give chase.
During the chase, police say that Poole failed to stop at several stop signs and a red light. Upon entering Berwick, Poole crashed his vehicle into a ditch on Hwy 182 near Patti Drive.
Police say Poole fled the vehicle and was captured after a brief foot pursuit. He was arrested and booked into the Morgan City Jail on the following charges:
- Resisting an Officer
- Resisting an officer by Flight-Aggravated
- Aggravated Obstruction of a Highway
- Driving under suspension
- Violation of Registration
- Warrant-City Court of Morgan City- 3counts FTA Contempt of court
- Warrant-City Court of Morgan City-No Drivers License
- Warrant-16th JDC -Failure to Register as a sex offender
- Warrant-19th JDC-FTA for Illegal use of weapons
Police say that Poole was also wanted on warrants from St. Mary Parish and East Baton Rouge Parish.
Video of the scene was shared with KWBJ in Morgan City on Monday. See that video below.