A Morgan City woman has been arrested for allegedly being in possession of numerous drugs and over $800 in counterfeit money.
Sheriff Scott Anslum says that the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Section made an arrest and seizure of drugs, paraphernalia, and counterfeit money on December 3, 2018.
40-year-old Crystal Thompson of Morgan City was arrested Monday at 5:58 p.m. A search warrant was ordered at a residence on Egle Street in order to locate Thompson on an active warrant for her arrest. Upon arrival, the detectives made contact with Thompson and advised her of the warrant.
Through the investigation, deputies say that drugs, drug paraphernalia, and counterfeit money were seized. The street amount of the drugs is approximately $3,645.
The counterfeit bills were in denominations totaling $830.
Thompson has been charged with the following :
- Possession of Schedule II methamphetamine with intent to distribute
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of schedule III buprenorphine and naloxone
- Possession of schedule I MDMA/Ecstasy with intent to distribute
- Monetary instrument abuse (counterfeit money)
- Possession of schedule II cocaine
Detectives with the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Section executed
She was transported to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. Bail was set at $150,500.