The City of Opelousas has announced its lineup for this spring’s music and market 2019.
Thirteen years ago, the City of Opelousas established the free Friday evening concert series calling it Music & Market. The event was designed to help promote the area’s music heritage and bring attention to local farmers and their produce.
The majority of concerts are scheduled to take place at the Farmers Market Pavilion adjacent to Le Vieux Village in Opelousas; however, the Courthouse Square in downtown Opelousas will be the setting for the May 3rd concert.
Music & Market takes place from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., with music beginning at 6:00 p.m. For more information, call 337-948-6263 or visit www.cityofopelousas.com
Below are the dates and lineup for the
Spring Music & Market 2019. Also provided is the produce featured for the day.
- 4/26 JC Melancon & the Bayou Rock Band (Swamp Pop)
- 5/3 Bernie Alan Band (Cajun/Zydeco)
- 5/10 Lil Pookie & The Zydeco Sensations/ Zydeco
- 5/17 Soul Creole (Cajun/Creole)
- 5/24 Jeremy Fruge & the Zydeco Hotboyz (Zydeco)