Lafayette and St. Mary Parishes now join Acadia, St. Landry and Jeff Davis Parishes with a positivity rate of 5% or lower for two consecutive weeks, which makes them eligible to reopen bars at 25% capacity under Phase 3.
The Lafayette Consolidated Government announced on Wednesday that Lafayette Parish will opt-in and allow bars to reopen at 25% capacity under Phase 3 guidelines, effective immediately.
KATC also spoke to St. Mary Parish President David Hanagriff, who announced at Wednesday’s council meeting that the parish will opt in to allow bars to reopen at 25% capacity under Phase 3 guidelines, which will go into effect Thursday, Sept. 24.
According to a release from LCG, Lafayette Mayor-President Josh Guillory notified Gov. John Bel Edwards in a letter Wednesday that Lafayette Parish is opting-in pursuant to Proclamation Number 117 JBE 2020.
This will allow bars in the parish to open for on-premises consumption at the full extent authorized by the governor’s current proclamation, the release states.
Bars allowed to open under the order must adhere to the following restrictions:
- Bars may reopen and offer tableside service only. Standing and bar service will be prohibited.
- Indoor capacity shall be limited to a 25% occupancy rate or 50 people, whichever is less.
- Outdoor capacity shall be limited to 50 people and only for tableside service.
- Tables shall be spaced in accordance with State Fire Marshal social distancing guidelines.
- Bars and other Class AG permit holders including daiquiri shops must cease all sale and service of alcoholic beverages and close no later than 11 P.M.
- No person under the age of twenty-one (21) shall be allowed on to the premises.
- Live music is prohibited.
According to the Phase 3 guidelines, if a parish that opts in subsequently exceeds 10% positivity for two consecutive weeks, bars in the parish must close for on-premises consumption until the percent positivity decreases to 5% or less for two consecutive weeks.
Below are percent positivity rates in Acadiana over the past two weeks (week of 9/3 - 9/9 and week of 9/10 - 9/16) according to the Louisiana Department of Health:
Acadia: 4.1, 4.1
Percent change - 0%
Calcasieu: 10.2, 9.2
Percent change - 9.8%
Evangeline: 7.1, 5.9
Percent change - 16.9%
Iberia: 5.1, 3.5
Percent change - 31.37%
Jeff Davis: 3.6, 5.4
Percent change - 50%
Lafayette: 4.8, 4.8
Percent change - 0%
St. Landry: 3.7, 2.7
Percent change - 27.03%
St. Martin: 6.7, 3.5
Percent change - 47.76%
St. Mary: 4.7, 4.5
Percent change - 4.26%
Vermilion: 4.7, 5.7
Percent change - 21.28%
READ MORE: Phase Three reopening guidelines
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers