At Wednesday’s regular meeting, the members of the Lafayette Parish School Board will consider a contract for interim superintendent Irma Trosclair – and her requests to reorganize the top tier of the system’s administration.
Trosclair is asking the board to reorganize the top posts in the system, at a cost of $4,572.00.
The reorganization would include:
- Elimination of the Assistant Superintendent – Administration position
- Elimination of the Assistant Superintendent – Curriculum and Instruction position
- Reinstate the Chief Administrative Officer position and revise the job description to report to the newly created position of Associate Superintendent instead of the Superintendent directly.
- Reinstate the Chief Academic Officer position and revise the job description to answer to the newly created position of Associate Superintendent instead of the Superintendent directly.
- The Chief Academic Officer and Chief Administrative Officer will report directly to the superintendent until the Associate Superintendent position is filled in the next fiscal year.
- Elimination of the Social Studies/PE/Health Specialist position.
- Elimination of the Director of Leadership Development position.
- Eliminate the Transformation Zone Administrator position.
- Creation of the Curriculum Administrator position and job description.
- Creation of the Associate Superintendent position and job description.
Here’s the new organizational chart:
The board meeting starts at 5:30 p.m.
If you’d like to see the agenda, including attachments, click here and then select the meeting you want to view.