Twenty cadets are now law enforcement officers in Acadiana.
The Acadiana Law Enforcement Training Academy Class 159 graduated Friday morning.
The ceremony was put on by the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Before receiving their accreditation, the former cadets received praise and words of encouragement from keynote speakers.
There was also a seat reserved for Chatéri Payne, the Shreveport police officer who was fatally shot this past January.
The graduates will go on to serve with the following agencies:
- Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Ville Platte Police Department
- Crowley Police Department
- Scott Police Department
- Lafayette Office of Juvenile Justice
- Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office