UPDATE: Lafayette firefighters have determined arson was the cause of a fire in a laundry room at Pinhook South Apartments.
Firefighters responded to the apartment complex at 3 p.m. When they arrived, the building was completely engulfed. A spokesman with the fire department says the building was a stand-alone structure that was separate from the residential units.
The fire was contained within fifteen minutes. The building sustained heavy fire damage. No other structures were damages.
No injuries were reported.
The spokesman says the laundry room was inoperable and that it had not been in use for some time.
Investigators are asking anyone with information about the fire to contact Lafayette Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS or the Lafayette Fire Department at 337-291-8716.