Starting today, teachers in Acadiana can apply for one of several available $2,500 grants for their classrooms.
The grants are funded by Cox Charities, which is completely funded by Cox employees.
Innovation in Education grants of up to $2,500 are open to pre-K – 12 public and private schools within Cox Communications residential service areas (review the service areas here).
The grant applications are now available to pre-k-12th grade teachers/classrooms at www.CoxCharitiesSER.org and will be accepted through April 9, 2019. Applicants will be notified of their funding status before the close of the 2018-2019 school year. Grant recipients will receive payments at the start of the 2019-2020 school year.
This past year, Cox awarded grants at Broussard Middle, Cecilia Junior High, and Teurlings Catholic High in Acadiana.
- Requests may be for programs or curriculum impacting individual classrooms or collaborative programs impacting multiple classrooms, grade levels, disciplines or schools.
- Multiple teachers/administrators should not submit applications for the same project.
- Teachers can only receive one grant per school year; schools may receive multiple grants as long as they are for unique requests.
- Funds granted by Cox Charities must be used for the request listed in the grant application and used within the school year in which the grant was paid.
- Schools may reapply each year.
The following will NOT be considered for funding:
- Playground equipment
- Technology that is not part of a larger curriculum or program
- Teacher development and /or substitute days
- Student/Teacher conferences
- Financial compensation
- Teacher travel, student field trips, guest speakers or performers