NewsLocal NewsIn Your Parish


Chief: Grease in oven causes mobile home fire in Scott

Posted at 4:12 PM, Mar 07, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-07 19:29:27-05

Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier says the cause of a fire at a mobile home park was accidental.

Scott fire officials investigating mobile home fire.

Sonnier says investigators determined that the homeowner turned on the oven to cook. Grease inside the oven ignited causing the fire.

The fire happened Monday evening, March 4 at the Shiloh Mobile Home Park on Roper Drive.

The fire at one of the manufactured homes left it a total loss.

No one was home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.