NewsAround Acadiana


Broussard house fire starts in kitchen, dog rescued

Posted at 5:49 PM, Mar 04, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-04 18:49:44-05

Broussard Firefighters responded to a house fire on Ducote Drive Monday afternoon.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen at around 3:40 p.m. when a burner was left on.  The fire started and quickly spread to the attic of the home.

The occupants were not at home at the time but firefighters were able to rescue a dog that was still inside. Firefighters kicked in the door to get access to the fire.

Renters who lived in the home were notified of the fire, according to Assitant Chief Dennis Mouton.