NewsAround Acadiana


Carencro FD: Grease on stove causes house fire

Posted at 5:37 PM, Feb 20, 2019
and last updated 2019-02-20 18:49:34-05

The Carencro Fire Department responded to a house fire on the 300 block of Walter Drive.

Officials with the Carencro Fire Department say the fire began because of a pot of grease was left on the stove. The fire was contained to the cabinets and a portion of the ceiling into the attic.

Fire on Walter Drive / Courtesy of Carencro Fire Department

No injuries were reported and the home sustained moderate smoke damage along with minor fire damage to the kitchen cabinets.

Scott and Lafayette Fire Departments assisted.