Louisiana has nominated six schools for the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program, and one of them is in Lafayette.
The Early College Academy, which offers students the chance to graduate with a high school diploma and an associate’s degree, has been nominated as an Exemplary High Performing School.
“Early College Academy is honored and excited to be the recipient of a Blue Ribbon School nomination. To be mentioned in the same category as the other fine Louisiana schools who have been nominated is humbling for us. All of our stakeholders, especially our students, faculty, and staff, work hard to achieve the best results possible. We are both proud and excited to be recognized for that hard work,” said Alexander Melton, ECA principal.
Also nominated in that category were:
- Haynes Academy School for Advanced Studies, Jefferson Parish
- Patrick F. Taylor Science and Technology Academy, Jefferson Parish
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Advanced Studies, Jefferson Parish
- Bayou Black Elementary School, Terrebonne Parish
- St. Charles Elementary School, Lafourche Parish
The winners will be announced in September.