The City of Carencro says that the new waste service will be distributing new trash collection bins and recycle carts starting this week.
The city is preparing for Pelican Waste & Debris to take over services as the new a new garbage contractor.
Carencro residents will see a $6.89 reduction in the trash collection bill starting December 1st, the city says in a release.
The new carts will begin delivering Wednesday, Nov. 15.
Carencro officials say they have worked closely with the management of Pelican Waste & Debris to ensure a smooth transition.
The schedule is as follows:
- November 15, Pelican Waste begins delivering trash and recycling carts.
- The new carts are NOT to be used with the current provider.
- Wednesday Nov. 21 – Republic recycling carts will be serviced and picked up.
- Wednesday, Nov. 28 & Thursday, Nov. 29 – Republic trash carts will be serviced and picked up.
- To avoid confusion, do NOT put personally owned trash carts at the road.
- Monday, Dec. 3 – Pelican begins to service trash & recycling according to the service map.