NewsLocal NewsIn Your Parish


Fire alarm goes off at Thibodaux STEM

Posted at
and last updated

An electrical socket shorted out at David Thibodaux STEM this morning, setting off the fire alarm.

The fire department came to check everything out, and everything is OK now, officials say.

The students had lunch as usual and are dismissing early now, as planned, so teachers can have a professional development day, officials say.

Despite social media posts to the contrary, there was no gas leak at the school, officials say, and children were not in danger.