A building in Scott is being recognized for its historical significance.
The Bank of Scott on St. Mary Street earned a spot on the National Register of Historic Places.
Tonight, guests were able to tour the property during its plaque reveal while enjoying appetizers and jambalaya.
According to one of the event organizers, “The Bank of Scott was built in 1910 and closed during the Great Depression. It was then used briefly as a post office and meat market. In 1978, Paul Begnaud bought it and transformed it into his residence. He lived in the bank until his death in 2015. It was featured in several books and magazines during his ownership. Upon his death, it was purchased by his great-nephew, Jared Richard, who worked to ensure it became listed on the national register and now resides in the Bank of Scott.”