The Lafayette City-Parish Council and the Parish’s Volunteer Fire Departments are hosting a series of town hall meetings to provide information about the proposed millage that would fund fire protection services in the unincorporated areas of the parish.
Voters will decide whether to grant the tax in the December 8 election.
The meetings are set for the following days and locations. Each meeting begins at 6 p.m.
- October 3rd: Carencro Community Center, 5115 N University Ave, Carencro, LA
- October 4th: Duson Community Center, 310 Ave Au Nord, Duson, LA
- October 10th: Broussard Community Center, 108 Broadview Drive, Broussard, LA
- October 24th: Scott Civic Center, 110 Lions Club Rd, Scott, LA
- October 25th: Youngsville Sports Complex (Recreation Ctr) 801 Savoy Rd, Youngsville, LA
- November 7th: Lafayette Southside Library, 6101 Johnston St, Lafayette, LA
- November 8th: Milton Civic Center, 100 Civic Ln, Lafayette, LA
- November 12: Lafayette Main Library (Downtown), 301 W Congress St, Lafayette, LA
- November 14: Judice Fire Station, 401 Ranch Rd, Duson, LA