The Louisiana Department of Health and the Louisiana National Guard has partnered with parish governments in Region 4 to offer COVID-19 drive through testing.
Pre-registration is encouraged and should be completed at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. Under test locations, click “Louisiana” then choose site, date, and time that you plan to attend.
Below is a list of parishes and dates and locations for the drive through testing.
Wednesday July 22th through Friday July 24th – 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Acadia Rice Arena. 159 Cherokee Drive. Crowley. 70526
Saturday July 25th through Tuesday July 28th 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Vidrine Elementary. 5094 Vidrine Road, Ville Platte LA 70586
Saturday July 25th and Sunday July 26th 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Parking Lot Behind Iberia Parish Courthouse.
322 Providence Street, New Iberia LA 70560
Monday July 27th through Wednesday July 29th 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Lydia Park. 4412 Weeks Park Road, New Iberia LA 70560
Wednesday July 22th through Thursday July 30th 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday August 1st and Sunday August 2nd 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
ULL Cajun Field. 2351 W Congress Street, Lafayette LA 70506 (enter from Gate 3 on Congress Street)
St Landry Parish:
Wednesday July 29th and Friday July 31st 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Eunice High School. 301 S. Bobcat Drive, Eunice LA 70535
Thursday July 30th, Saturday August 1st and Sunday August 2nd 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Opelousas Civic Center. 1638 Creswell Lane, Opelousas LA 70507
St Martin Parish:
Wednesday July 22nd through Friday July 24th 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Magnolia Park. 100 Magnolia Drive, St Martinville LA 70582
Thursday July 30th through Sunday August 2nd 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Abbeville LSU Ag Center. 1105 West Port Street, Abbeville LA 70510
People who go to the sites above will be allowed to register there, but can expect longer waits.
· Testing will be available for any Louisiana resident at least 5 years old. Guardians must accompany anyone under 16.
· Testing is open to everyone. No ID is needed for testing.
· People must provide a phone number and email address.
· The testing site will be conducted as a drive-thru test site. Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars. There will be separate lines for those who have pre-registered and for those who must register on-site.
· The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose on site while in their vehicles. This will be observed by trained personnel to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
· This mobile testing site is a being stood up with the Federal Government in coordination with LDH and local partners.
· This mobile tests site is part of the federal government’s effort to support communities that have been identified as COVID-19 hotspots, or communities where there has been a recent and intense level of new cases and hospitalizations related to the ongoing outbreak.
How will results be obtained? · Results will be emailed, and posted online at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com.
· It is expected to take three to five days to get test results.
· People who test positive will also be contacted by phone. There is no phone number for people to call to get their results.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers