Cameron Parish is accepting applications from businesses, banks, churches and non-profits for free masks.
Here's the information:
MASKS FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES: Applications from Cameron Parish businesses for free masks — for use by employees who come in contact with the public — are being accepted by parish government.
The mask distribution is to help businesses to:
• Prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• Meet new state rules.
• Gradually resume or increase their operations and services.
The distribution is being done in partnership with the Cameron Parish Police Jury and our agency.
Gov. John Bel Edwards’ revised stay-at-home order now requires that workers who interact with the public must wear a mask.
The washable cloth masks were supplied by clothing maker Hanes Corp.
HOW TO GET THEM
Applicants must be a Cameron Parish business, financial institution, faith-based group or non-profit organizations.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax a request to 337-775-5567. (Do not apply using Facebook.)
In the request, list:
• Business name and address.
• A description of the type of business.
• Number of employees who come in contact with the public.
• Number of masks requested.
• Name of contact person, with their phone number and email address.
Requests may be fully or partly filled, depending on merit and supply.
The masks will be distributed during May — at times, dates and sites that will be announced later.