The Acadiana Planning Commission has asked that we post the following Call for Projects document:
The Louisiana Watershed Initiative (LWI) Region 5 Steering Committee facilitated by the Acadiana Planning Commission (APC) is initiating a Call for Projects to all entities and individuals within Region 5 to develop the LWI Region 5 Watershed Project List. APC serves as the organizing body for water management activities in Region 5 which encompasses 16 parishes and five HUC 8 watersheds: Atchafalaya, Teche, Vermilion, Mermentau, and Mermentau Headwaters.
WHAT IS THE LWI REGION 5 WATERSHED PROJECT LIST AND WHAT IS ITS PURPOSE?
• The LWI Region 5 Watershed Project List is a comprehensive list of all watershed-related projects and plans that are planned, underway, or recently completed in the watershed region.
• Development of this inventory is a requirement of the Louisiana Watershed Initiative’s Regional Capacity Grant Building (RCBG) Program.
• The purpose of the inventory is to assist regional stakeholders in creating a common operating picture of what projects and plans are being proposed or are underway in the region, and help stakeholders gain an understanding of how projects and activities might relate or interact with one another.
• Compiling the inventory will also assist the future Regional Watershed Coalition in the development of capital improvement plans or regional watershed plans in upcoming years.
• The inventory will be viewable as a map, and a list, and can be sorted or analyzed
• The inventory will not be used as part of an application process or any funding award process; it is for discussion and analysis purposes.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT?
All entities and individuals located within Region 5 are eligible to submit. Visit watershed.la.gov for a map of the LWI regions and parishes. Submission of a project does not guarantee that funding will be provided.
HOW DO I SUBMIT?
Visit the Project Data Submission Survey Form developed by the LA Office of Community Development (OCD) which utilizes Survery123 and ESRI at https://arcg.is/GWjSy. Reference the LWI Region 5 Watershed Project List Data Entry Instructions for general submission guidelines.
Instructions can be found at planacadiana.org/watershed.
The LWI Region 5 Region Watershed Project List was designed to be a living repository of projects in the region. Visit https://arcg.is/GWjSy.
To view projects previously submitted to LA OCD as part of Round 1 Pre-Applications visit https://arcg.is/1ereKr. More information regarding statewide LWI activities is available at watershed.la.gov.
More information regarding LWI Region 5 activities is available at planacadiana.org/watershed.