Early voting ended yesterday for next week’s election.
To find links and information on what’s on the ballot, click here.
Turnout for early voting has been high compared to previous elections.
Statewide, 307,237 voters have cast early ballots, or about 10 percent. That’s compared to 93,000 votes cast during early voting for the November 2017 election.
As usual, more women than men have voted – 172,275 women compared to 134,912 men. And, more Democrats than Republicans have voted – 141,569 Democrats compared to 118,943 Republicans.
Here are the totals by Acadiana Parish:
- Acadia Parish: 4,325 votes
- Calcasieu Parish: 11,190 votes
- Evangeline Parish: 2,215 votes
- Iberia Parish: 4,741 votes
- Jeff David Parish: 2,627 votes
- Lafayette Parish: 11,000 votes
- St. Landry Parish: 4,732 votes
- St. Martin Parish: 4,964 votes
- St. Mary Parish: 4,897 votes
- Vermilion Parish: 3,338 votes
In November 2017, there were 2,975,656 registered voters in Louisiana.
Current numbers for registered voters weren’t available; but 30 days ago there are 2,991,018 registered voters in Louisiana. October 16 was the deadline to register for the November 2018 election.