Saturday, September 11
- The Lafayette Fire Department is holding a 20th Anniversary Commemoration of 9/11 on Saturday, September 11, 2021, 9:00 A.M. in Parc Sans Souci, 201 East Vermilion Street in Lafayette. The event is to honor the 414 first responders – police, fire, and ambulance personnel – who died in the attacks 20 years ago. In addition to the first responders, 2,563 citizens also tragically lost their lives that day. Guest Appearance: “Spirit of Louisiana” fire truck.
- Lafayette's Farmers and Artisans Market to hold a "9/11 Never Forget" event. The market will have 74 vendors and a cajun music jam to begin at 9 A.M. Music guests are: The Has Beans, Ward Lormond, Henry Hample, Danny Kimball, Blake Castille, Tommy Bodin, and Phil Kaelin. The market is opened every Saturday from 9 A.M. to 12 P.M. at Moncus Park located at 2913 Johnston Street.
- Louisiana Military Museum will host its 1st Annual Patriot Day Banquet in Abbeville on Saturday, September 11 from 5 P.M. to 8 P.M. The event will honor the 20th anniversary of 9/11, they say. It will be an elegant evening, and will include a special 9/11 tribute, a catered dinner served by "celebrity" board members, and an hour-long patriotic musical performance by theNational World War II Museum's Victory Belles. A live and silent auction will help raise funds to unveil a brand-new exhibit that supports the museum's mission "to honor our veterans andremember their stories." This permanent exhibit will highlight Louisiana's military contributions and feature relevant artifacts, c. 1700-present. Limited numbers of individual and group tickets are available at their website. Those unable to attend are invited to visit the website to make an online donation. The Louisiana Military Museum is located in the green hangar of the Chris Crusta Memorial Airport at 911 Revis Sirmon Loop in Abbeville. For more information, follow the Louisiana Military Museum on Facebook, visit their website, or call (337)898-9645.
- Downtown Breaux Bridge will be hosting a 5k run, on Saturday, with a boost of patriotism during the twentieth anniversary of 9/11. A significant part of this year's race, a Most Patriotic award for the best costume showing patriotism, and to honor first responders with their own 5K category and awards. For registration and team registration fees, and packet pick-up times, click here.All participants will receive entry, and a free Bloody Mary, after the race. Saturday's event will take place at Veterans Park in Historic Downtown at 222 Berard Street in Breaux Bridge.
- In Scott, Cajun Harley Davidson will hold a 9/11 20 anniversary event with specials guests from all branches of the U.S. armed services. The Jr. R.O.T.C. will be there. The event is planned to begin at noon with the presenting of the flag. The public can arrive at 724 I-10 South Frontage Rd. For more information call, 877-880-9241.
KATC will update as soon as events become available.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers