An Oklahoma man got a terrifying surprise while visiting a friend’s home on Sunday.
Video from a doorbell camera captured the moment that a snake, which was wrapped around a porch light, lunged at the man biting him in the face. (Video below)
The man, Jerel Heywood, told CNN that his first instinct was to get to the hospital.
“I got bit by a snake. Didn’t know what kind it was,” said Heywood. “I have to get to the hospital.”
Heywood made it to the hospital with the help of his friend and the home’s owner, Rodney Copeland. He says he was treated and learned that the snake was not venomous.
Unfortunately for the snake, things did not end well.
Copeland told CNN that the commotion of the incident attracted the attention of a neighbor who brought over a hammer and killed the snake.
The five-foot-five inch snake is believed by Copeland to have been taking refuge from recent heavy rains in the area. He says that he’ll be treating his yard with sulfuric acid to make sure the snakes stay away.
To read more from CNN, click here.