Multiple agencies are alerting drivers to the threat of high water in several parishes in Acadiana. The high water is due to river flooding.
Today, the following areas still have high water along the roadways.
LA 70 in St. Martin Parish, LA 997 in Iberia Parish and LA 182 in Assumption Parish
On Friday, March 15, 2019, the following high water notifications were put in place due to high south winds and some rain.
- All routes (LA 70, LA 997 and LA 182) remain open with high water signs posted.
- High Water LA 70 (Lower St. Martin Parish)
- LA 70 between milepost 7 and 8 has water across the entire roadway in three locations.
- High Water LA 997 (Iberia Parish / East side of Atchafalaya Basin):
- Water on LA 997 north and southbound between milepost 4 and 5.
- High Water LA 182 (Assumption Parish)
- LA 182 east and westbound between milepost 184 and 184.5.
No other routes are affected at this time. Motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes and avoid high water areas.