A Ville Platte family is homeless after an electrical fire over the weekend. It happened on Mars Rice Road. No one was home during the fire, but the family says they lost everything.
“It’s been devastating. All my life I lived in this house,” Sidney Gallow said.
Decades of memories lost in a fire. Gallow not only grew up in the home, but he was raising his own family in the home with his wife, two daughters, and 10-month-old son.
“It’s pretty hard,” Gallow said. “All their Christmas toys that they’ve had is pretty much gone.”
Gallow’s mother-in-law has been helping the family get back on their feet.
“I mean they lost everything,” Rosa Richard said. “When I got here they were screaming and crying I said, Lord Jesus, those kids. She said momma I don’t have anything. I said you got God. He spared their life and that’s the main thing that I thank God for.”
Gallow added, “We’re praying for strength mainly to keep us going that we can get a fresh start.”
You can also call 337-459-2058
The family is also in need of the following sizes:
Girl 5 Years Old ( 6x clothes, toddler 12 shoes)
Girl 8 Years Old ( 10/12 clothes, kids size 2 shoes)
Boy 10-month old (18-month clothes, infant 4 shoes)
Woman Large Tops and Bottoms 11 or 12 size Shoe size 9
Man Medium Top and Bottoms 30-32 Shoe Size 9