Tuesday, October 16, is the final day to register to vote to be eligible to cast your ballot in the November election.
In person registration ended last week.
To register to vote, a person must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be 17 years old (16 years old if registering in person at the Registrar of Voters Office or at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles), but must be 18 years old on election.
- Not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony.
- Not be under a judgment of full interdiction for mental incompetence or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights.
- Reside in the state and parish in which you seek to register.
- Must be registered at least 20 days prior to an election if registering through our GeauxVote Online Registration System with a Louisiana driver’s license or Louisiana special ID card or 30 days prior to an election if registering in person or by mail to be eligible to vote in that particular election.
To submit electronically you must have your Louisiana driver’s license or Louisiana special ID card in hand when you begin the process. There is an audit code on the card that you must enter. The audit code is a four-digit number labeled AUDIT on the front of the license.
Online Registration can be done at this link to the Louisiana Secretary of State’s Office.
For those looking for ballot information or voting locations, click here.