News

Actions

Scott FD: Fire starts in kitchen of home, minor damage

Posted: 2:58 PM, Jul 20, 2018
Updated: 2018-07-20 15:58:06-04

The Scott Fire Department has cleared the scene of a fire on Earline Drive. 

The fire department says that upon arrival at the home, crews observed heavy smoke coming from the front of the home. After entering, the fire was located in the kitchen and was extinguished.

Neighbors in the area say that someone was home when the fire started. Investigators determined that the homeowner began cooking and then fell asleep. The fire started on the stove and spread to the cabinets.

The family pet alerted the homeowner as the flames spread and both were able to escape uninjured. 

The kitchen received moderate damage, with the rest of the home received mild smoke damage.