The Scott Fire Department had to put out a dumpster fire last night, which started with fireworks.
Someone set off the fireworks in the dumpster, a post on the department’s Facebook page says.
The fireworks set off the contents of the dumpster, which was on Heidi Circle, the post says.
"Over the holiday, Scott firefighters will encounter numerous misuse of fireworks. Either by fireworks being tossed in dumpsters or trash cans ( to amplify the sound). Or stray fireworks randomly shot, which can bust out windows and enter buildings or vehicles causing fire," the post states. "Stay safe don’t misuse consumer fireworks."