Liheap Utility Assistance Program will be taking applications for those who need assistance in paying for utilities and other energy related home repairs.
The first meeting was held Wednesday June 20, at the Abbeville Library from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. A second meeting for applications will be held Thursday June, 21, 2018 at Kaplan City Hall. The event will begin at 10:00 a.m. and will continue on until 1:00 p.m.
Those interested in applying may call the central office at (337) 893-2528 for more information.
According to Liheap, appliers can be eligible for this service once every six months, provided that funds are available. I
To apply the following information is needed and current (Must have ALL information to receive assistance):
- Current Proof of Income (Examples: Last four pay stubs, SSI, SSA, Retirement, VA, Food Stamp Printout-(FS Printouts must be printed out in last 30 days))
- Unexpired Driver’s License or State I.D. with same address as the service address for applicant
- Social Security Cards for everyone in household
- One to Six months of Gas and/or Electric Bills (Actual Bills or Printout)
- Proof of Residence- Examples: Tax bill, Voter Registration Card, Insurance bill, Cable, Telephone, Credit Card, or Medical bill. The document must have name and physical address on it.