The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) is accepting bids for houseboat mooring sites on Atchafalaya Delta Wildlife Management Area for the 2018-19 – 2022-23 hunting seasons through July 6, 2018.
The Department will bid out 40 percent of the available sites at the Main and Wax deltas of Atchafalaya Delta WMA. The highest bidders (up to 40 percent of the available spots) will be awarded a five-season lease agreement. The agreement will specify rules and regulations for houseboat mooring and require bid fees on an annual basis.
Bid application notifications and forms can be printed from LDWF’s website at www.wlf.la.gov/wma/32639 , be requested by phone at 337-373-0032 or obtained via email by contacting Leslie Campbell at email@example.com . For more information, please contact Tyson Crouch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 337-373-0032 or Vaughan McDonald at email@example.com or 225-765-2708.
Minimum criteria for bid submittals
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants will be screened for past wildlife and criminal violations. Applicants with felony convictions or that have plead guilty, paid a fine for, negotiated/agreed to a pretrial intervention (PTI)/diversion for or been convicted of Class Two wildlife, WMA or littering violations within the last five years, as determined by LDWF Enforcement Division, shall be disqualified.
- Applicants must follow instructions issued by LDWF personnel.
- A minimum bid will be required for all lease sites. A minimum bid for two pilings will be $330/season. A minimum bid for three or more pilings will be $550/season.
- The first year bid amount must be submitted with the application. Only check or money order will be accepted. Checks must be made out to Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
- Note that current (year) photos of the vessel and a current renewal/clearance permit from Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals regarding treatment of waste water are required as part of the application.
- Payments from bidders that successfully secure a permit are non-refundable. Non-selected bidders’ checks and money orders will be returned.
- Fees for subsequent payment of annual lease fees will be submitted to the LDWF Lafayette Office. The address is 200 Dulles Drive, Lafayette, LA 70506. Fees for subsequent seasons are due July 1 of each year.
- Only one winner allowed per household.
- Successful bidders will be notified by phone or letter.
- Lease agreements will be awarded for a total of five seasons (2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22 and 2022-23) as long as houseboat owners comply with conditions specified in their agreements.
Completed bid application forms must be received by 10 a.m. on July 6, 2018, in room 240 of the LDWF Office at 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70898. Bid application forms can be mailed to LDWF Houseboat Bids, P.O. Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000, Attn: Purchasing Department (Room 240). However, bidders are hereby notified that LDWF is not responsible for any delays caused by the bidder’s chosen method of bid delivery. The U.S. Postal Service does not make deliveries to LDWF’s physical location. Failure of bid to reach room 240 by the designated time and date shall result in rejection of the bid.
Bid opening will be on July 6, 2018, at LDWF Headquarters Building, Fourth Floor Conference Room, 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70890 at 10:30 am. The public is permitted to attend. Selected applicants will be notified by phone or letter.
For more information, contact Lance Campbell at 337-373-0032 or firstname.lastname@example.org .