LDH offers free STD testing
Posted at 2:49 PM, Apr 17, 2018
and last updated 2018-04-17 15:49:16-04
The Louisiana Department of Health’s Office of Public health is offering STD testing at no cost to patients at select Parish Health Units on April 24, April 25 and April 26 in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s STD Awareness Month.
Through this initiative, the Office of Public Health hopes to promote awareness about STDs and remove potential barriers for screening and testing. In addition to STD screening, residents can also receive free testing for HIV.
The screening is for people who are unsure of their STD status. Those who are experiencing symptoms should contact their local parish health unit to schedule an appointment at a time other than during the screening
Testing will be completed during normal business hours in the following Parish Health Units on the dates listed below:
- Tuesday, April 24
- Terrebonne Parish Health Unit, 600 Polk St., Houma
- Lafayette Parish Health Unit, 220 W. Willow St., Building A, Lafayette
- Calcasieu Parish Health Unit, 901 Lakeshore Drive, 4th Floor, Lake Charles
- Wednesday, April 25
- Orleans Parish Health Unit – Delgado, 517 N. Rampart St., New Orleans
- East Baton Rouge Parish Health Unit, 353 N. 12th St., Baton Rouge
- Rapides Parish Unit, 5604-A Coliseum Blvd., Alexandria
- Thursday, April 26
- Caddo Parish Health Unit, 1035 Creswell Ave., Shreveport
- Ouachita Parish Health Unit, 1650 Desiard St., Monroe
- Tangipahoa Parish Health Unit – Hammond, 15481 W. Club Deluxe Road, Hammond
Copyright 2021 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.