The St. Jude Walk/Run Lafayette will take place on Saturday, September 21 at Sugar Mill Pond in Youngsville.
Last year, the event raised $80,000 for St. Jude and organizers hope that this year will see $90,000 raised. 55 teams and over 560 individuals have already registered to participate in the walk/run event.
This year's race will include a special treat for participants with Wayne Toups performing following the 5K. Along with the live music, organizers say guest will enjoy the views of Sugar Mill Pond, as well as games for kids and post-race jambalaya .
To register for the 5K visit the St. Jude fundraising website. Tickets for the Walk/Run will also act as tickets to see Wayne Toups.
Tickets are $10 for the walk and $20 to run the timed 5K. Those individuals who raise $100 for the kids at St. Jude will receive a t-shirt.
Schedule of events for SJWR
- 7:00 am - registration opens
- 8:00 am - opening ceremony begins
- 8:30 am - race starts (both 5k and 1 mile walk)
- 9:00 am - Wayne Toups performance begins
- 9:30 am - Closing ceremony begins, with performance by WT continued afterwards