Bon Temps Grill’s Mesquite Grilled Redfish with Herb Cream and Sautéed Lump Crab Meat
This recipe involves three steps to creating this delicious dish.
We will start with the herb cream sauce, move onto cooking the mesquite grilled redfish and then finish the dish with sautéed lump crab meat.
Herb Cream Sauce
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
⅛ cup finely chopped herb blend (tarragon, thyme, parsley and chives)
1 tbsp blonde roux
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp white pepper
½ tsp nutmeg
1. Heat milk and heavy cream to steam.
2. Add seasonings.
3. Add blonde roux and allow to thicken for 6 minutes.
4. Whisk constantly, gradually adding finely chopped herbs.
5. Remove from heat and serve over Mesquite Grilled Redfish.
Chef Sean’s Tip: Be careful not to scorch milk. Cook over medium flame.
1 7 oz - 9 oz redfish filet
¼ tsp salt and pepper blend
½ oz clarified butter
1 sprig microgreens of your choice (Microgreens include: amaranth, arugula, beets, basil, cabbage, celery, chard, chervil, cilantro, cress, fennel, kale, mustard, parsley, radish and sorrel.)
Prep your grill: Oil the grill and ensure it is free of debris.
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of the redfish from about 10 inches above the filet to ensure even coating.
2. Place filet on the grill with the thin side of the filet facing the bottom to prevent overcooking.
3. After 3 minutes turn the fish by 45 degrees to create diamonds.
4. After an additional 3 minutes when the fish is cooked halfway, flip the fish onto its back side.
5. Do another quarter turn and brush the fish with clarified butter before removing from the grill.
6. Carefully remove from the grill and place on a large oval plate with sides.
Sautéed Lump Crab Meat
½ oz blended oil
2 oz jumbo lump crab meat
1 tsp salt and pepper blend
1 tsp butter
½ tsp minced garlic
¼ tsp finely chopped herb blend (tarragon, thyme, parsley and chives)
1 oz white wine for cooking
1. In a heated skillet add blended oil.
2. Once hot, add 2 oz jumbo lump crab meat.
3. Add garlic, salt and pepper, and finely chopped herb blend.
4. Deglaze with 1 oz white wine and reduce all the way.
5. Once wine is reduced add butter and remove from heat.
6. Pour the sautéed crab meat on the side or on top of the redfish
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers