Bon Temps Grill’s Blackened Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This recipe involves three steps to creating this delicious dish.
We will start with the peanut thai sauce, move onto cooking the blackened chicken breast and then finish with coleslaw.
Peanut Thai Sauce
- 1 lb ginger
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp nutmeg
1. Rough chop ginger and place in a food processor.
2. Pulse to puree and juice fresh ginger.
3. Using a china cap to strain juice and remove pulp, reserve for later.
4. In a large sauce pot sweat onions, garlic and shredded ginger.
5. Deglaze with ginger juice.
6. Add orange juice and soy sauce and bring to a simmer.
7. Slowly stir in peanut butter and brown sugar.
8. Add chopped peanuts.
9. Finish with red pepper flakes.
10. Serve with Blackened Chicken Lettuce Wrap.
Chef Sean’s Tip: Add peanut butter in a little at a time while stirring continuously over medium heat.
Blackened Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 1 8 oz chicken breast
- 5 pieces of bibb lettuce
- 1 tsp blackened seasoning
- ½ oz chili butter
- 2 oz peanut thai sauce
- ½ cup coleslaw
- mango salsa and diced peanuts to garnish
Prep your grill: Oil the grill and ensure it is free of debris.
1. Season the 8oz chicken breast.
2. Oil the grill and place chicken breast on the grill.
3. After about 2 minutes or when clear marks are made, turn the chicken breast by 90 degrees.
4. After grill marks are made, season chicken breast with blackened seasoning.
5. Flip the chicken breast and repeat step 4.
6. When the chicken is done cooking brush with peanut thai sauce to coat the entire breast and cut the chicken breast into 7 or 8 pieces.
7. Place 5 cleaned pieces of bibb lettuce on a plate and add blackened chicken breast.
8. Add coleslaw over the bibb lettuce and blackened chicken breast alongside.
9. Garnish with your favorite mango salsa and a few diced peanuts.
Chef Sean’s Tips: Never press a protein, this causes the item to dry out. Chicken is always cooked to 160 degrees.
- 1 bag cabbage slaw mix
- ½ cup karo syrup
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chili powder
1. Put the shredded cabbage slaw mix into a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
3. Serve with Blackened Chicken Lettuce Wrap.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers