Content Tagged As heater

Tagged News

  • Space Heaters to Blame for Two Area Fires

    January 30, 2012 12:22 AM

    This weekend, two Acadiana families lost everything in house fires. While those fires were in two different cities, there was one common and preventable factor. Just before noon Sunday morning smoke filled the air on Henkle Street in Jeanerette. For five years the Declouet family lived in this... more »
  • Fire in Iberia could be blamed on heater in bedroom

    January 3, 2012 4:44 PM

    Another fire happened today, this one in Iberia Parish. The Fire Department received an emergency call around noon today. Crews arrived at a house in the 900 block of Providence Street. Ten men, two fire engines, and one emergency response vehicle came to the scene. Officials arrived to... more »
  • Heater Safety

    December 26, 2010 11:26 PM

    How are you staying warm? If you're using a space heater, KATC'S Mike Magnoli has some safety tips for you. Space heaters are among the top three causes for fires in America, and you need to be careful. "The guys up north don't think it gets cold down here... more »
  • 2010 Water Heater Rebate Program

    September 20, 2010 3:47 PM

    The Louisiana Liquefied Petroleum Gas Commission has announced the launch of the "2010 Water Heater Rebate Program." The rebate program starts today and ends on December 31, 2010. The "2010 Water Heater Program" promises the use of propane as a year-round energy source by offering a $300 rebate upon... more »
  • Blasting the Heat: Not So Good For You

    January 7, 2010 1:59 PM

    Acadianans are blasting the heaters in this cold weather, but although heaters warm our bodies, they have some negative side effects. They dry out skin and lips, cause sinus problems, and can worsen allergies and asthma. Dr. Bradley Blappert of Lafayette says the heat dries out sinuses and mucous membranes,... more »
  • Family Loses Home to Fire in Cade

    December 28, 2009 2:02 PM

    Only 2 days after Christmas an Acadiana family lost everything-- including presents-- to a house fire. Sunday afternoon a home on Old Spanish Trail in Cade caught fire; officials believe it occurred because of a space heater. Engaged couple Becky Matt and Greig Gachassin were just getting back to... more »
  • Mother to face sanity hearing

    October 27, 2009 8:22 AM

    LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) - A mother who allegedly left her 8-month-old daughter in a running car with the heater on for five hours in 2008 is scheduled for a sanity hearing next month. Natalie Thornton is scheduled to appear in state court on Nov. 2 for a sanity hearing in... more »

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Most Popular