Scott firefighters have visited one home twice in two weeks.
Firefighters were called to Rue Novembre shortly before 4 p.m. March 4 for a grass fire, Chief Chad Sonnier said.
There was a grass fire that was advancing toward a home, he said. The fire started when the homeowner began a trash fire near some long grass, he said. The wind took the fire and it spread to a shed, which was destroyed, Sonnier said.
That fire was extinguished, but because of the damage, electricity to the home was cut off, he said.
Today, firefighters were called back to the same home. The homeowner had connected a generator to the home because the power was out, and the generator's muffler had dried out the home's wooden porch and set it on fire, the chief said. This time, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and contain it to the home's living room, he said.
No firefighters were injured, but the home sustained substantial damage, he said.
The homeowner is now in need of help. If you would like to make a monetary donation, click here.