Quantcast

Iberia voters decide against millage for levee system - KATC.com | Continuous News Coverage | Acadiana-Lafayette

Iberia voters decide against millage for levee system

Posted: Updated:
Image Credit: MGN Online Image Credit: MGN Online
New Iberia, La. -

Voters in Iberia Parish have voted down a proposed $500 million property millage that would have gone toward helping to fund flood protection and a levee system. 

An overwhelming 73 percent of voters decided against the millage, leaving 27 percent in favor.

WEATHER
Power Doppler HD
Powered by Frankly

© KATC.com 2018, KATC.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?