Quantcast

Investigators: Lafayette child died from smoke inhalation - KATC.com | Continuous News Coverage | Acadiana-Lafayette

Investigators: Lafayette child died from smoke inhalation

Posted: Updated:
House fire on Kettering Circle House fire on Kettering Circle
LAFAYETTE, La. -

Forensic evidence shows that the 2-year-old killed in an October fire died from smoke inhalation.

Levi Holloway's parents and infant sibling survived the blaze. 

At 7:53 on October 26, 2017, firefighters responded to the scene of the fire at 109 Kettering Circle. Thirteen fire vehicles responded to the scene including Lafayette Fire, the State Fire Marshal's Office along with Judice, Scott, and Milton fire departments. 

Investigators say Levi's parents frantically searched the home for the boy, who had been watching television. However, the flames and smoke became too intense. 

The fire was determined to be an accident, according to fire investigators.

Read more:

LFD: 2-year-old dies in morning house fire in Lafayette

Fund set up for family who lost their child in Lafayette fire

Funeral arrangements set for 2-year-old who died in Lafayette fire?

WEATHER
Power Doppler HD
Powered by Frankly

© KATC.com 2017, KATC.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?