Quantcast

Homeowner injured in accidental vehicle fire in Scott - KATC.com | Continuous News Coverage | Acadiana-Lafayette

Homeowner injured in accidental vehicle fire in Scott

Posted: Updated:
Scott vehicle fire on Vendredi Street / Scott Fire Department Scott vehicle fire on Vendredi Street / Scott Fire Department

The Scott Fire Department says that a homeowner was injured during a vehicle fire at a residence in Scott this evening. 

Fire officials say that they responded to the fire on the 200 block of Vendredi Drive in Scott at around 5:40 p.m. Monday evening. Upon arrival at the scene, firefighters encountered heavy fire coming from a vehicle under a carport area of the residence. They also noticed the homeowner who appeared to be injured, sustaining serious cuts to his arm. 

The fire was brought under control quickly, confining it just to the vehicle before it could spread to the home, a press release states. At that time, the homeowner was checked over and firefighters began treating the lacerations on his arm.

An investigation, officials say, determined that the fire was accidental and was a result of overheated brakes. The homeowner, in an attempt to open the hood of the vehicle and extinguish the fire, received the cuts to his arm. He was transported by ambulance to a local hospital. 

No firefighters were injured in the incident. 

WEATHER
Power Doppler HD
Powered by Frankly

© KATC.com 2018, KATC.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?