Autopsy reveals details on St. Martin Parish women's deaths - KATC.com | Continuous News Coverage | Acadiana-Lafayette

Autopsy reveals details on St. Martin Parish women's deaths

Posted: Updated:
Derrick Siner (Source West Feliciana Parish Sheriff's Office) Derrick Siner (Source West Feliciana Parish Sheriff's Office)

The man accused of killing two women in St. Martin Parish over the weekend is back in Acadiana.

Dereke Siner was transported back from West Feliciana Parish Monday afternoon.

Siner is accused of killing Jamie James, his ex-girlfriend, and her mother Adeline Etienne Saturday before setting their trailer home on fire. Siner then allegedly led police on a high speed chase involving three stolen vehicles. He was eventually caught when the car he was in flipped in West Feliciana Parish. 

He is being booked with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of arson. 

At least two of Siner's ex-girlfriends have filed protective orders against him for abuse. The first was filed in 2005 and the second in 2009. Both women stated in the reports that he would show up to places they were and ask to talk. When they would say no, he would get violent. The women indicated on the reports that he shoved, slapped, punched and stalked them. 

One of the girlfriends alleged that he attacked her three different times.

The first attack came after the girlfriend came home late one day. She explained to him that she had been shopping and even showed Siner receipts. He accused her of "talking back to him," and threw her onto the ground and punched her several times, according to a police report. 

They apparently broke up after that, and a few months later, Siner allegedly kicked in her door at 2:30 a.m.  and showed up at her work asking to "come back home." A month later, he followed her to her mother's house and when she got out, he allegedly pushed her back into the car and started punching and hitting her until she was in the passenger side. He drove off with her and then panicked and took her to his family's home who called the police, the report alleges.

Siner was arrested two of those times and charged with domestic abuse battery twice, simple kidnapping and second-degree battery. He pleaded guilty to simple kidnapping and sentenced to three years probation, fines and family violence and anger management classes. The rest of the charges were dismissed. 

The state Fire Marshal's office said preliminary autopsy reports showed that James and Etienne had signs of beating, strangulation and blunt force trauma.  It also stated that Etienne had a severely broken neck. 

James leaves behind two sons ages 5 and 8, who not only lost their mother and grandmother but also lost all of their possessions. A GoFundMe page was set up for the boys. 

Power Doppler HD
Powered by Frankly

© KATC.com 2018, KATC.com
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?