Jan 25, 2013 3:06 PM by Tonya LaCoste
A Vinton man, Christopher S. Benoit, 40, has been re-arrested and charged with eight more counts of aggravated incest. "Benoit was previously arrested on January 17 after an investigation revealed he had inappropriate sexual contact with a female family member on numerous occasions, beginning in 2009 when the girl was 9 years old," Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office spokesperson Kim Myers said. At that time, Benoit was charged with 2 counts of aggravated rape; and 1 count of aggravated incest.
Since the initial arrest, detectives said they discovered Benoit abused another female family member between 1988 and 1993, Myers said. "The victim was delayed in reporting the abuse for personal reasons, but the investigation revealed Benoit had inappropriate sexual contact with the female relative who was 6 years old at the time the incidents began," according to Myers.
Victims of sexual crimes have 30 years after their 18th birthday to report incidents to law enforcement. Judge Clayton Davis set his bond at $2,000,000 on the new charges, bringing his total bond to $2,700,000 for both arrests. CPSO Detective Elizabeth Zaunbrecher is the lead investigator on both cases.