Mar 27, 2013 9:39 AM by KATC (Photo Courtesy: MGN Online)
According to Sheriff Mike Couvillon, Chief Tony Hardy and Chief Boyd Adams, agents with the Vermilion / Municipal Narcotics Task Force recently conducted undercover sting operations, along with street level criminal patrol to make the following drug related arrests:
- Corey Dore (dob 10/29/80) of Abbeville, arrested for Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Jerion Demouchet (dob 7/18/81) of Abbeville, arrested for Possession of a Schedule I (synthetic Marijuana.
- Gregory Bessard (dob8/8/94) of Abbeville, arrested for Distribution of crack cocaine and possession with the intent to distribute crack cocaine.
- Columbus Comeaux (dob 10/12/60) of Delcambre, arrested for possession of crack cocaine.
- Travis Davidson Jr (dob 11/12/94) of Abbeville, arrested for possession with the intent to distribute crack cocaine.
Sheriff Mike Couvillon would like to thank the following persons for their effort in assisting with Task Force personnel. Abbeville Mayor Mark Piazza, Kaplan Mayor Kirk Champagne, Abbeville Chief of Police Tony Hardy and Kaplan Chief Boyd Adams "I realize times are financially tough all over, but the Mayors and Chiefs of these cities are committed to finding the funds to help the Task Force combat the illicit drugs problem that ruins our communities. The people of Vermilion and our children are the benefactors of these city leaders' great efforts. It is my hope that in the near future other towns and cities in the parish of Vermilion will be able to assist in the continuing fight against illicit drugs."
Finally, Sheriff Couvillon would like to applaud the concerned citizens of Vermilion Parish for their awareness and assistance in helping the Sheriff's Office in fighting the war on illegal drugs. He encourages all citizens with information in regards to illegal drug activities to contact the Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office or the Vermilion Parish Municipal Narcotics Task Force at 337-740-4501 or E-mail the Task Force anonymously at email@example.com and your e-mail will be held in the "strictest of confidence" and replied to in a very timely manner.
More information on reporting drug activities can be seen on our Web Site at www.vpso.net. Click on Task Force for this information.
4 hours ago