Jul 23, 2010 1:00 PM by Melissa Canone
According to Sheriff Mike Couvillon the following arrests took place by the Vermilion / Municipal Narcotics Task Force.
- On July 15th 2010 agents with the task for arrested Rudy Harington of Kaplan La DOB 9/2/1957 for Distribution of Lortab Prescription Pills. Harrington allegedly sold these schedule III narcotics to an undercover agent in a drug sting. Bond was set at 40,000.
- On July 19th 2010 a search warrant at an Abbeville La. residence. The Task was received credible information that was one Eric Levine DOB was allegedly dealing illegal narcotics from this residence. Upon entering the apartment agents conducted a thorough search and confiscated marijuana and prescription pills. Levine was charged with Prohibited Acts of Controlled Dangerous Substances, Possession of Marijuana and Illegal use of controlled dangerous substances. His bond was set at 11,000.00
- On July 20 2010 agents with the task force conducted a search warrant at an Abbeville La residence in reference to illegal narcotics allegedly being sold out of the residence. Upon executing the warrant a search ensued and approximately 24 grams of crack cocaine was confiscated. Arrested for possession with intent to distribute cocaine was Dasakima Taylor of 210 S. Gertrude Abbeville La DOB 11/19/1981. Bond was set at $50,000.00
- On July 21st 2010 undercover agents were to meet Breon Thibeaux DOB 1/18/1992, in an attempt to purchase illegal drugs from said suspect and arrest him. Upon Thibeaux arriving at the scene Task Force agents attempted to detain him for questioning. Thibeaux fled in his vehicle in a reckless manner running stop signs and driving very violently. Once Thibeaux was stopped Marijuana and Crack Cocaine was found inside of Thibeaux's vehicle. Thibeaux was subsequently charged with Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Cocaine, five stop sign violations and reckless operation of a motor vehicle. Bond was set at $9,000.00
- Sheriff Mike Couvillon, Abbeville Mayor Mark Piazza, Abbeville Chief of Police Tony Hardy, Erath Police Chief Gerald Hebert and Erath Mayor George Dupuis commends the Narcotics Task Force for a job well done.
- Finally, Sheriff Couvillon would like to applaud the concerned citizens of Vermilion Parish for their awareness and assistance in helping the Sheriff's Office in fighting the war on illegal drugs. He encourage all citizens with information in regards to illegal drug activities to contact the Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office or the Vermilion Parish Municipal Narcotics Task Force at 337-740-4501 or E-mail the Task Force anonymously at firstname.lastname@example.org and you e-mail will be held in the "strictest of confidence" and replied to in a very timely manner.
- More information on reporting drug activities can be seen on our Web Site at www.vpso.net. Click on Narcotics or Task Force for this information.