Feb 14, 2013 6:29 PM by KATC
According to Sheriff Bobby J. Guidroz, "In the early morning hours of February 14, St. Landry Sheriff's Narcotics Enforcement Team, assisted by the Opelousas Police Department and the Eunice Police Department conducted a warrant round-up dubbed ‘Would You Be My Valentine."
Sheriff Guidroz said, "During the warrant round-up, narcotic agents were able to seize a half ounce of crystal methamphetamines and twenty five hundred dollars of U.S. currency that was used to purchase narcotics. The total street value of the crystal methamphetamines is worth approximately $2,200.00."
These warrants were obtained through hours of surveillance and undercover purchases from several dealers throughout St. Landry Parish, says Guidroz.
In conclusion of the round-up, seven suspects were arrested and eleven suspects are still at large. Arrested in the round-up, were:
1. Carl Anderson Jr., B/M, age 21,140 Mathilda St. Eunice La, Possession with Intent to distribute a schedule I Controlled Dangerous Substance (Crack Cocaine) and Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Dangerous Substance Ecstasy (MDMA).
2. Paul A. Dupre, W/M, age 46, 717 St. Andrew Road, Opelousas, LA, Possession With the Intent to Distribute a Schedule I Controlled Dangerous Substance (Marijuana) and Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
3. William Cody Sebastian, W/M, age 22, 531 Dejean Street, Washington, LA, Distribution of a Schedule I Controlled Dangerous Substance (Marijuana).
4. Joseph Warren Collins B/M, age 43, 1133 Overton St., Opelousas, LA, Distribution of Schedule III Controlled Dangerous Substance (Lortabs); Violation of Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substance Law, Drug Free Zone.
5. Reggie D. Nelams W/M, age 33, 311 Mingo Circle, Opelousas, LA, Distribution of a Schedule II CDS
6. Calvin G. Collins, B/M, age 45, 845 Myrtle St. Apt. 368 Opelousas, LA, Distribution of a Schedule II Controlled Dangerous Substance (Crack Cocaine); Violation of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substance Law: Drug Free Zone.
7. Henrietta R. Aymond, W/F, age 58, 833 Martin Luther King, Opelousas, LA, Distribution of Schedule III Controlled Dangerous Substance (Lortab),Violation of Uniformed Dangerous Substance Law: Drug Free Zone.
13 hours ago