Mar 20, 2014 8:50 PM by Alex Labat
Students are safe and sound after a gas leak Thursday afternoon outside the "David Thibodeaux STEM Magnet Academy" on Teurlings Drive. Officials say it happened around 4:00pm after construction crews struck a gas line. Firefighters and Atmos Energy were on scene to cap the leak. Children were evacuated outside and were almost immediately picked up by buses and their parents, because the leak happened so close to the end of the school day. Principal Jeff Debetaz says students will have school tomorrow.
19 hours ago