Dec 10, 2012 5:16 PM by Melissa Canone
On December 10, 2012 at 1:57:PM, Scott Fire Department responded to a reported apartment fire located at 500 Berlin, apartment B, in the Ile Des Cannes Apartment Complex, in the Scott area. Upon arrival, units observed a first floor apartment with heavy smoke venting through a window and door of the structure.
Initial crews made entry into the apartment in an effort to extinguish the fire. The fire was brought under control at 2:10 PM and contained to the kitchen area, with moderate smoke damage throughout the apartment.
An investigation of the incident revealed the fire to be accidental in nature. New residents were moving into the apartment and placed boxes and various other items on the stove to be unpacked later. The burners to the stove were in the on position, unknown to the occupant.
The electrical company energized the apartment, which then ignited the items left on the stove.
No one was home at the time of the incident and no one was injured.
44 minutes ago