Posted: Mar 22, 2013 8:40 AM by UL Sports Information
The Ragin' Cajuns men's tennis team dropped a 7-0 decision to the 29th ranked Baylor Bears on Thursday afternoon at the Hurd Tennis Center.
Baylor (11-4) captured the doubles point winning at the No.1 and 3 positions.
In singles play, the Cajuns (10-9) dropped all but one first set as Damian Farinola broke through on court five. The sophomore was unable to hold on as Diego Galeano battled back to take the final two sets, 5-7, 6-0, 6-4.
BU increased its advantage to 3-0 after wins on courts six and one. The Bears clinched the match on court four as Hunter Johnson came up short against Tony Lupieri, 6-2, 7-5.
Louisiana returns to action on April 1 with a re-match at UTSA. For info and updates on men's tennis follow the team on twitter @CajunMensTennis.
#29 Baylor 7, Louisiana 0
1. #64 Patrick Pradella (BU) def. Rick de Groot (UL) 6-0, 6-4
2. #49 Julian Lenz (BU) def. Edgar Lopez (UL) 6-1, 7-5
3. #98 Mate Zsiga (BU) def. Jake Wynan (UL) 6-2, 6-2
4. Tony Lupieri (BU) def. Hunter Johnson (UL) 6-2, 7-5
5. Diego Galeano (BU) def. Damian Farinola (UL) 5-7, 6-0, 6-4
6. #97 Marko Krickovic (BU) def. Yates Johnson (UL) 6-4, 6-3
1. Mate Zsiga/Tony Lupieri (BU) def. Rick de Groot/Jake Wynan (UL) 8-1
2. Marko Krickovic/Diego Galeano (BU) vs. Jarred Wynan/Edgar Lopez (UL) unfinished
3. Patrick Pradella/Julian Lenz (BU) def. Yates Johnson/Hunter Johnson (UL) 8-4
Baylor 11-4; National ranking #29
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3); Singles (6,1,4,3,2,5)