Posted: Apr 5, 2013 10:46 PM by UL Sports Information
The Ragin' Cajuns men's tennis team suffered another setback on Friday afternoon as Louisiana dropped a 5-2 decision to No.60 Texas A&M - Corpus Christi at the Thomas J. Henry Tennis Center in Corpus Christi, Texas.
The Cajuns (11-11) jumped out to a 1-0 lead after taking the doubles point. Hunter and Yates Johnson defeated Guillaume Rauseo and Andrew Maingot 8-4 on court three.
Rick de Groot and Jake Wynan clinched the point at the No.2 position topping Matt Westmoreland and Ricardo Mayagoitia 8-6.
After the Islanders (12-7) evened the match with a win at No.4 in singles, Hunter Johnson put Louisiana back in front 2-1 taking a 6-4, 6-1 decision over Rauseo.
Corpus Christi went on to earn the final four points of the match to clinch the match.
The Ragin' Cajuns return to action tomorrow at 2 p.m. at Cajun Courts in a doubleheader match with the women's squad against Jackson State. For updates on Cajuns men's tennis follow the squad on twitter @CajunMensTennis.
#60 Texas A&M - Corpus Christi 5, Louisiana 2
1. Peter Nagy (AMCC) def. Rick de Groot (UL) 6-2, 4-6, 6-2
2. Gergo Weidinger (AMCC) def. Edgar Lopez (UL) 7-5, 6-4
3. Matt Westmoreland (AMCC) def. Damian Farinola (UL) 7-6 (7-5), 6-1
4. Ricardo Mayagoitia (AMCC) def. Jake Wynan (UL) 6-3, 6-1
5. Javier Pujol (AMCC) def. Jarred Wynan (UL) 6-2, 6-4
6. Hunter Johnson (UL) def. Guillaume Rauseo (AMCC) 6-4, 6-1
1. Peter Nagy/Gergo Weidinger (AMCC) vs. Edgar Lopez/Jarred Wynan (UL) 7-4, unfinished
2. Rick de Groot/Jake Wynan (UL) def. Matt Westmoreland/Ricardo Mayagoitia (AMCC) 8-6
3. Hunter Johnson/Yates Johnson (UL) def. Guillaume Rauseo/Andrew Maingot (AMCC) 8-4
Texas A&M - Corpus Christi 12-7; National ranking #60
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (4,6,5,2,3,1)